Summer arrived with a vengeance at the end of May while we were on holidays, and we've had hot sunny days ever since. Which is great for sitting in the yard, going for walks, and the garden, but the forests are so dry that now we are hoping for a couple of days of rain to dampen everything up. The weather forecasters, they lie and keep saying we'll get rain but we don't. The trees need it, as well as my poor brown lawn. And always the garden.
I had larger grander plans for the garden this year but I've hit a wall. I've got some seed potatos to plant this weekend (hopefully it's not too late) and I think that will be it. Maybe next year we'll get a little bigger.
We'll start our tour with the lettuce - red and green. The sun and heat fried them pretty bad a couple of weeks ago, but they bounced back.

The rhubarb. It looked so awful at the end of last year I didn't think it would come back. Looks nice and healthy.

Scott bought some small broccoli plants last month and so far they are doing very well. (we think the small plants popping up around them are sunflowers, so we're leaving them alone for now.)

Actual broccoli!

Our 2 tomato plants. The one at the front is called a Super Fantastic, and I bought it for the name alone. Frankly, it doesn't look so super right now. I think the back one is a cherry tomato.

We brought our rosemary inside last fall and it did quite well over the winter. It's not looking good now though, I don't think it likes being outside.

2 kinds of mint.
Dill, sage, and thyme.

Parsley, which was also a surprise comeback.

Onions.

2 kinds of squash. One is a hubbard, one is an acorn.

Raspberries.

Peas. If you enlarge the photo, I have helpfully circled the little buggers.

How's your garden?
I had larger grander plans for the garden this year but I've hit a wall. I've got some seed potatos to plant this weekend (hopefully it's not too late) and I think that will be it. Maybe next year we'll get a little bigger.
We'll start our tour with the lettuce - red and green. The sun and heat fried them pretty bad a couple of weeks ago, but they bounced back.
The rhubarb. It looked so awful at the end of last year I didn't think it would come back. Looks nice and healthy.
Scott bought some small broccoli plants last month and so far they are doing very well. (we think the small plants popping up around them are sunflowers, so we're leaving them alone for now.)
Actual broccoli!
Our 2 tomato plants. The one at the front is called a Super Fantastic, and I bought it for the name alone. Frankly, it doesn't look so super right now. I think the back one is a cherry tomato.
We brought our rosemary inside last fall and it did quite well over the winter. It's not looking good now though, I don't think it likes being outside.
2 kinds of mint.
Parsley, which was also a surprise comeback.
Onions.
2 kinds of squash. One is a hubbard, one is an acorn.
Raspberries.
Peas. If you enlarge the photo, I have helpfully circled the little buggers.
How's your garden?
No comments:
Post a Comment