Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Seven Days of Christmas - Day Two - Notebooks

One of my absolute favorite tools for the kitchen is a blank notebook.


I started working on my first notebook when I was 18. I copied recipes from my Mom, my friends (mostly sweets), and my boyfriend-at-the-times Mom's recipes, as he was a fussier eater than even me.


I soon added recipes I copied out of newspapers, magazines and cookbooks. And after I gained more confidence in the kitchen I began adding my own ideas, thoughts and recipes.


I'm still working on my notebooks, adding original recipes as well as others yummy stuff. My favorites are the coil notebooks. They are nice and large and can usually fit full pages printed off the internet or a word document (with a bit of cropping). And they lie flat when you have them open next to you in the kitchen. And? Cheap.


Know someone who likes to cook? Wrap a ribbon around a couple of blank notebooks. They'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment