Monday, September 15, 2008

It's a mouthful - Curried Chicken and Endive Sandwiches with Pancetta

I had the tv on the food channel Saturday morning while I did some stuff around the house. This dish caught my eye and I made it for dinner tonight - Curried Chicken and Endive Sandwich with Pancetta from Giada De Laurentiis. I couldn't find a recipe for it online, so here's some vague directions for what I made tonight. And you should make them too, these were mighty fine.

Here's what you need:
endive, washed and chopped, like cabbage for coleslaw, or however you like
cooked chicken, I used one breast half to make sandwiches for the 2 of us
buns
mayonnaise
curry powder
salt
lemon juice
honey
pancetta, one slice per sandwich

Chop up your chicken and endive. I'd go somewhere between equal parts and 2 parts chicken to 1 part endive, whatever floats your boat. Toss them together in a bowl.

In a small bowl, mix together some mayo (I use light), curry powder, lemon juice, honey and salt. Make it taste good. I can't really tell you more than that, I didn't follow a recipe. The add it to the chicken and endive. Mix it up. Taste it. Adjust seasoning if necessary.

Meanwhile, cook your pancetta slices, 1 per sandwich.

Put your chicken mixture on your buns,

Top with pancetta,

Eat, and wish you'd made more than 2 sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment