Wednesday night we got frost. I've been sick all week so I didn't see the weather report that night. Thursday morning as I scraped a bit (and really, only a bit) of ice off my car windshield, it didn't occur to me that it had been cold enough to hurt my precious garden. But it was. After dinner Scott happened to look out the window and saw this:

I know, right? Breaks your heart. Sorry it's a bit blurry - I was quite emotional.
All the above ground stuff is dead. Very upsetting. What is most upsetting to me is I lost all my basil.

If only I had known, I would have picked it all and dried it. Now I am basil-less. And it sucks.
The rest of the potato plants died too.

I didn't share this with you because I didn't want to jinx it, but we had TWO ZUCCHINIS growing.

Dead tomatos and zucchini plants. But notice how green and vibrant the weeds are?

So we pulled everything and saved what we could. We pulled up 1 1/2 lbs of onions, 4 1/2 lbs of potatos, 1 sad wee zucchini, 4 lbs of green and somewhat red tomatos,

and 5 lbs of carrots.

Already almost all the carrots are gone. I took some to work to impress everyone with my mad growing skillz and we are slowly munching through the rest. They are so sweet and delicious.
So Garden 2007 is over. Here's to hoping that next years garden in BC is bigger and better. Or at least the same.
I know, right? Breaks your heart. Sorry it's a bit blurry - I was quite emotional.
All the above ground stuff is dead. Very upsetting. What is most upsetting to me is I lost all my basil.
If only I had known, I would have picked it all and dried it. Now I am basil-less. And it sucks.
The rest of the potato plants died too.
I didn't share this with you because I didn't want to jinx it, but we had TWO ZUCCHINIS growing.
Dead tomatos and zucchini plants. But notice how green and vibrant the weeds are?
So we pulled everything and saved what we could. We pulled up 1 1/2 lbs of onions, 4 1/2 lbs of potatos, 1 sad wee zucchini, 4 lbs of green and somewhat red tomatos,
and 5 lbs of carrots.
Already almost all the carrots are gone. I took some to work to impress everyone with my mad growing skillz and we are slowly munching through the rest. They are so sweet and delicious.
So Garden 2007 is over. Here's to hoping that next years garden in BC is bigger and better. Or at least the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment